Activities for your Aitutaki Holiday
Activities at Aitutaki Beach
- Explore the lagoon - complimentary use of kayaks
- Bone-fishing in Aitutaki lagoon - bring own gear
- Bookings for all Aitutaki lagoon cruises and tours
- Moped / Car hire
- BBQ facilities and beach loungers
- Laundry on request
- WiFi available via BlueSky - vouchers available
What's close to Aitutaki Beach
- Beach Walk for 30 minutes in either direction
- Stroll along the beach to the best snorkelling spot on Aitutaki (Fisheries Marine Reserve)
- Snorkel in lagoon infron of Bungalows (snorkel gear available for hire)
- Trail head to hills and lookout 5 minutes walk from bungalows
- 3 Restaurants within 5 mins walk of bungalows
- Local grocery shop 5 mins walk
- Arutanga Town 5 mins drive / 30 mins walk from bungalows
- ATM & Supermarket in Arutanga
- Aitutaki Airport / golf-course is 8 mins drive
Useful Facts about Aitutaki and the Cook Islands
Getting to Aitutaki: Air Rarotonga are the only domestic airline in the Cook Islands and provide 5-7 daily flights between Rarotonga and Aitutaki.
The Cook Islands uses the NZ$ currency - 24-hr ATM cash machine can be found at Rarotonga International Airport. Major credit cards are accepted at most restaurants in Aitutaki and the large supermarkets in Arutunga but cash is required when buying groceries from local shops. There's an ATM cash machine in Amuri Village and Arutanga Town.
Cook Islands time is 10 hours behind GMT (London), 20 hours behind NZ and 5 hours behind US West Coast.
Electricity = 240v / 40Hz (same as NZ) with plugs being three flat pins (same as NZ).